The Church of England School in Radford Semele was built in 1848 thanks to the vision and generosity of the Rev’d Thomas Chapman who was then Vicar. His wife Sarah endowed a village charity which supports children at the school to this day.
Links between the church and the school have developed and been strengthened through the support of the Rev’d Martin Green leading times of Collective Worship and the Foundation Governors whose remit is to maintain and enhance the Christian Ethos of the school.
Other church members give their support prayerfully, financially and practically and the Coventry Diocesan Board of Education provides spiritual, pastoral and professional expertise. The School’s Ethos, based on Christian Belief, is outlined in its Mission Statement:-
The school aims to be a welcoming community. Everyone associated with the school is treated with respect, as made in the image of God and loved by Him. As a Church School we aim to promote and affirm Christian values and are committed to the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all children – preparing them for the responsibilities and experiences of life
This underpins the life of the school and values which are recognised, shared and lived out help to create the atmosphere of harmony and respect which can be sensed within the school environment when visited.